Website Design & Development
We understand that many businesses we work with do not have adequate websites or website functionality in place, making it difficult to take products or services online. We are offering a small number of businesses the chance to apply for grant funding to design and build a fully bespoke company website, fully funded by Accelerate Ashington.
Following on from the success of our first open call, we are holding a second open call for business based in Ashington for grant funding towards the design and development of a company website. The call will be open from Monday 11th September until Midday Friday 20th October. Businesses will be able to apply for funding for projects which are a minimum value of £1,000 to a maximum of £5,000*.
Applicants are required to submit three written quotes for the work to be undertaken alongside their application form. Successful businesses will then be able to choose their preferred supplier based on a value assessment.
There are certain eligibility criteria which must be met for this grant funding. Applications will be assessed and scored using a tiered system which is listed on the application form. Businesses who meet the below eligibility criteria may be able to benefit from a fully funded website for their business.
- Have less than 250 employees and a turnover less than 50 million;
- Be registered and based in Ashington, Northumberland
- Be able to evidence that they are a trading business;
- Not currently have a live website or not currently have a website which meets the functional needs of the business, i.e.
- Cannot currently list products and categories available for direct purchase through the site;
- Cannot integrate products from other ecommerce sites;
- Cannot take bookings of services i.e. table bookings for a restaurant or dates for hospitality venues;
- Cannot take booking of calendar events;
- Cannot take sign up to e-newsletters
- Be able to demonstrate how functional changes to the current website would have a positive impact upon both the business and the town centre.
- Provide three quotes for works to be completed
- Be able to provide sufficient evidence of project completion (grant may be subject to claw-back if terms are not met)
- Not already be part of Accelerate Ashington’s Digital Programme (Audits and Marketing Campaigns)
- Provide a completed application form which clearly states the business need and benefit of receiving this funding.
- Complete development work, inclusive of grant claims, in its entirety by 31st March 2024.
For further information on the application process, please click here.
All successful applicants will need to provide a full suite of project documentation to be used as evidence towards any grant funding claims.
Application forms will automatically download via the ‘Click here to start your application’ link below. All completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Maximum project value £5000. Grants available as part of this second phase open call are limited and will be allocated subject to funding availability. Applications will be reviewed competitively in accordance with the eligibility criteria. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to be explicit in their needs, the impact of such intervention and to only apply for the level of funding required to complete the project.
Click here to start your application